Ragi – Health benefits of consuming Ragi
Ragi is an annually cultivated cereal crop that is grown around the areas of Africa and Asia, such as India, Ethiopia, and Sri Lanka. It consists of many health benefitting nutrients in it that are densely packed. This makes it a superfood that can reduce health hazards such as improper digestion, heart diseases, and helps in managing diabetes along with slowing down the aging process in your body. It has taken a backseat in terms of popularity when compared to other cereal crops, but it is getting more and more hype as more people are getting to know about the health benefits of this superfood.
Ragi packs a whole load of nutrients in itself which can be seen through its impressive nutritional profile. The main macro and micronutrient components that ragi consists of are:
- Negligible level of cholesterol
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- many other vitamins and minerals.
Reasons to include ragi in your diet
Ragi consists of a boatload of micro and macronutrients that can benefit the human body in countless ways. Ragi makes sure that the body process runs smoothly as well as becomes better along with time. So, some of the health benefits of consuming ragi are as follows:
- Fulfilling breakfast food: After sleeping through the whole night and performing all the necessary tasks, the human body wakes up to be hungry and needs something to make up for the energy spent. Calories from junk foods in the morning can get you up for a bad and stressful start, having a ragi product as the first meal of the deal can fulfill your appetite as well as the nutritional need of your body.
- Is gluten-free: The biggest fear of anyone who is trying to lose his/her weight is to gain that weight back up, and gluten supports fat gain. It is a cereal food that consists of no gluten content at all, this makes it one of the best food for keeping your health at its best.
- Keeps blood sugar in control: Excessive levels of blood sugar can cause a lot of problems for your body and if done continuously, it can even lead to diabetes. Ragi consists of a very small amount of sugar in it that has caused no harm to your body and its amino acids also promote the faster breakdown of sugars and hence, preventing your body from reaching excessive blood sugar levels.
Ragi provides the human body with boatloads of health benefits and increases immunity from diseases. Ragi is packed with many nutritional elements like vitamins and minerals that can make your body stronger, healthier, and even acts as a way better alternative to gluten consisting of other cereal foods. Srikanth industry makes sure to provide the best-cultivated ragi to ensure your and your family’s health. Their products are certified and are trusted by lakhs of other people and families.